NBA experience: 29 season, currently in his 30th NBA season
Born: January 12, 1941 (Newport News, VA)
Resides: Williamsburg, VA
HS: Newport News (Newport News, VA)
College: Thomas Nelson
- Officiated 1,911 regular season, 189 playoff and 18 NBA Finals games.
- Officiated the 1983, 1987, 1994 and 2002 NBA All-Star Games, as well as the 1990 McDonald's Championship in Barcelona, Spain and the 1992 Japan Opening Games in Yokohoma.
- Began his professional officiating career in the ABA and officiated the 1974 ABA All-Star Game.
- Officiated in Puerto Rico for eight years.
- Seven years of collegiate officiating experience (baseball as well as basketball) in the Atlantic Coast, Southern and East Coast Athletic Conferences, and the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
- Eight years of high school officiating experience in Virginia.
- Earned All-Peninsula Baseball Team honors in high school.
- Works with the Local Girls & boys Clubs, the American Cancer Society and local civic clubs.
- Member of the Virginia Fast Pitch Softball Hall of Fame and was named to the All-World Team in 1969 as a second baseman.
- Winner of his local sports club's Henry Jordan Award.
- Works with the Peninsula Boys & Girls Club, New Horizon for troubled youths, American Cancer Society, the Muscular Dystrophy Society, local civic organizations' fund drives, Bacon Street for troubled youths, local firefighters fundraisers and the Youth Ch
- Interests include fishing, golf and spending time with his grandchildren.
- Inducted into the Lower Virginia Sports Hall of Fame in 2002.